Hello Guyz, Once again we are going to experience another change in world of Neverwinter. We assume that you are already aware with the latest buzz in the neverwinter community about Mod 18 Infernal Descent. We are not going to talk about previous mods like Neverwinter Mod 16 Undermountain and Mod 17 Uprising.
In this particular post, we are going to give an overview about Neverwinter Mod 18 Infernal Descent like new campaign, stats, new gears and specially, how to prepare yourself for mod 18.
Basically, Mod 18 is very small campaign set in Avernus. The campaign itself does not seem to be very effective and engaging. But, this campaign comes up with very solid and high item level gear and set.
Actually, this game is all about farming and if you can farm particular arena for some BIS gear then Mod 18 is the way to go. You will definitely get Best in Slot gear from this Mod. So, it’s worth to farm it.
Overview of Avernus Campaign Mod 18
First of all, we will talk a bit about the campaign Avernus. This campaign has very similar format to all previous campaigns of Neverwinter. The Avernus campaign is the first Level 80 endgame campaign of neverwinter game. All the boons, gears, updates and dungeon cover up under the weekly cap very similar to previous campaigns.
We would love to suggest you to complete the basic campaign as soon as possible to unlock all boons and dungeon. So you can get new BIS gear for your toon as early as possible. You may need to farm heroic encounter a lot and yes, it’s worth for your character progression. More on this below in the post
Stats Cap For Neverwinter Mod 18
As we expect with every mode, there would be a hike in stats requirement for new area, dungeon or campaign. So, Yes the required stats for new zone is around 5,000 higher than previous mode or trial TOMM. If you joined the game a few days back and yet to reach the end game content then these stats requirements gonna be a bit hard for you.
You can easily farm the zone and HE’s even with decent stats you are not supposed to reach any cap or threshold for this. But, if you really want to put your hands on new dungeon and want to farm it on a regular basis.then you may need to reach the required stats according to your role in party and dungeon.
Here is the stats cap for Neverwinter Mod 18
Power – as high as you can get it
HP – As much As you can and around 700k for tanks
Armor pen – 85k
Accuracy – 85k
Critical Strike – 85k
CA – 135k
Defense – 85k
Deflection – 85k
Critical Avoidance – 90k
Awareness – 95k
So, you need to reach the cap if you want to run dungeon with party without any issue.
How To Prepare Yourself Mod 18- Infernal Descent
Now, You already aware with cap for stats. Now it’s time to talk about other valid stuff related to Mod 18- Infernal Descent, like it’s zone, enemies, dungeons and how to prepare yourself for neverwinter mod 18. We are going to share some tips so you can easily face all the enemies of new zones in mod 18.
- We would like to suggest you to begin with Expeditions. So, go and start farming ME’s and WE’s as much as possible with all your character. And grab high item level gear from all expeditions with all of your characters.
It’s always good to have plenty of gears to fine tune your stats in future even with high item level gear. You should always target to get gear for your character and companion also. If you do not have high iLvL gears for companion then you should get it before launch date of Mod 18 to optimize your stats at best.
- It’s worth your time to farm HE’s in new zone as they have chance to drop pretty decent gear. So, you should always go and farm HE’s to get gears with decent stats and high iLvL. (specially just go after bosses and hunts)
- Mod 18 is going to be all about Elven Battle Enchantment. So, try to grab one high level elven enchantment if you don’t own one. Mod 18 is full of CC effects and to handle those nasty stun and effects. You may think about Elven Battle Enchantment. We would love to suggest you get one high level Elven Enchantment even if you are dps as it will provide you even more damage.
- The Orcus’s set got a big hit in Mod 18. It was inevitable it would happen sooner or later, but it’s really very disappointed stuff that they did not add any new set as replacement. Definitely, that is going to affect large players database.
There are few alternatives like Arcturia set, Trobriand set, Apocalypse set and ToO set. You can still use orcus set as primary source or damage buff but its not gonna work as before and would not outperform other sets. I would like to suggest you to go for Arcturia Set.
- As discussed earlier, you need to farm expeditions a lot to get high iLvL gears for your character or may be for companions. Along with that you would also target to get Arcturia set even if you own one.
As we know orcus set just got a big hit (from 20% to 10%) which makes arcturia set is one of the best sets for dps in game. It has already crossed 1 million prices in auction house, so, simple as it just go and farm expeditions as much as you can because arcturia set may reach the skyrocket price with launch of mod 18.
- Start campaign ASAP. It will provide plenty of upgrades for your character in no time. Farm heroic encounters on a regular basis, unlock dungeon before boons. It will provide you plenty of stuff. (Don’t run after boons earlier)
- Last but not least hunting, if you do not know then let us inform you that after the skip in Mod 15, Mod 16 and Mod 17 from hunting its back in Mod 18. Hunting was always an awesome part of neverwinter world. And most of the time community always welcome hunting either its in chult or in barovia.
You are supposed to get an awesome piece of gear from hunts with guaranteed drop rate this time. Though monster spawn ratio would be a pain in the ass as developer love to implement it in this way 😀
Some Other Important Facts and Tips about Mod 18 Infernal Descent
- New campaign is a bit interesting as compared to previous campaigns. You still need to wait for few days to start getting campaign currency after cap. However, this campaign is not boring, tedious and grindy at all. You can easily reach weekly cap within a few hours.
- You should always farm HE’s because it may drop BiS gears for specific class and role.
- Mod 18 seems very small and short. It will be hard to keep players busy until mod 19. That may be gonna hurt a lot to developers of the game.
- There is no specific update on professions and master work gears. This mod also lacks new gears and companions.
- To be really, new dungeon seems bit easier as compare to ToMM but still its not worth the time as rewards does not seem to be effective at all.
- Still, CW, HR and TR are BiS when it comes to DPS. Warlock class still feels way weak compared to other classes.
This is all about Mod 18 for now. We will update the post on a regular basis with new updates. If any of you want to be a contributor or want to add his/her guide on our blog. Kindly mail us [email protected]ail.com
In short, Neverwinter Mod 18 seems interesting at first but it loses his brightness when you finished the campaign itself. Good thing is that they are already working on class balance which will be expected to go live in upcoming patches and forum announcement.
Let us know if you have any doubt or question about anything related to Neverwinter Mod 18 Infernal Descent.