Welcome to the complete guide for DIY Rose Water, learn the complete process on How to make Rose Water at Home.
All of us just love the mesmerizing fragrance of Rose water and what could be better than DIY Rose Water made at home kept in the refrigerator? It is all natural comes straight from your garden and kitchen. We are sharing this recipe on How to make Rose Water toner at home that is an absolute staple in your skincare regime.
Instructions on How to make Rose Water at home using fresh petals only.
Rose Water Explanation and How To Make it?
Rose Water is exactly what it sounds Rose+Water. It has all the benefits of Anti-ageing, Toning, Refreshing, Hairfall and what not else like hydrating power. Organic Rose Water is a flavored water that is prepared distilling the petals of rose with steam or by steeping them in water. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that has skin soothing properties too. So, we concluded all the related information on How to make Rose Water at home.
Also, DIY Rosewater smells awesome and is used in some cuisines too. People swear by Rose Water and spending too many bucks on the same is not acceptable. So, we combined a perfect recipe on How to make Rose Water at home. This DIY version of Organic Rose Water and How to make Rose Water is so much easy.
Before getting into the DIY Rose Water recipe at home, let’s focus on some ways to use it into the skincare routine.
- So, one of the best way to use Pure Rose Water is face toning. DIY Rose Water is used to remove excess dirt and oil, also to balance the pH level of skin. No matter what your skin type is, but a rose water toner with alcohol is not recommended anyway. Rose water is alcohol free and has bit astringent properties as well that means it is good for acne prone and sensitive skin too. DIY Rose Water gives extra cleansing effect even when you are wearing heavy makeup and skin products. It manages the pH level of the skin instantly. Rose Water toner at home helps in closing the pores and also tighten the cell gaps after cleansing.
- Adding half cup of Rose Water to the water for bathing adds extra hydration. It will also add sense of relaxation from its scent. Rose Water benefits has a huge list to go.
- Natural perfume? Yes, natural rose water made at home is safe and better than conventional perfumes. It is safe for skin, adds nourishment and far better than market ready fragrances. So, it’s far better to stick to the natural version comparatively.
- Rose Water works amazing as Face refresher or makeup setter, yes, spray it after being done with your makeup and it works. Learn How to make Rose Water with all of its benefits.
- Soak the cotton balls in chilled rose water and place them on eyelids to remove the dark circles and under eye bags. Let them stay for as long as you can.
- Take some coconut oil and rose water, blend it well and use as makeup remover. Dip the cotton balls in the mixture and wipe your makeup with it.
- For intense moisturization, mix almond oil and rose water. Massage the mixture all over your body.
- Rose Water works wonder to soothe your sunburn. Apply the chilled rose water on the affected areas. Adding aloevera gel can be even better.
- Rose Water for hair is very good as it treats dandruff and even hairfall.
How to Choose Rose Petals to Make Rose Water at Home?
Make sure the rose petals you are using, are organic and have not been sprayed with the pesticides. There are so many varieties available in the market for Rose Petals, but it would be better to choose only the organic ones. Pick them up in the early morning when the petals are most fragrant. Even if you are purchasing roses from outside, they should be grown organically and in pesticide free environment.
Rinse the rose petals before boiling them to remove any dirt or substances. We have a simple way on How to make Rose Water at home without any chemicals. It has many uses like Hair rinse, Room Spray, Adding fragrance to the home-made cosmetics or Face packs, Cooling mist, Facial toner or even some recipes.
There are around 7,000 varieties of roses worldwide available but only few of them can be used for the production of a high quality rose water. Bulgarian Rosa Damascena is the well-known rose for making a good organic rose water.
Easiest Ways to Make Rose Water at Home
Learn How to make Rose Water with these methods that are budget friendly and pure as well.
Simmering vs Distilling
Rose Water is not only fragrant but is versatile as well and can be used as a facial toner, hair perfume, cooling mist and any other arenas too. There are basically 2 ways on How to make Rose Water at home but on a personal note I prefer simmering. In simmering method, rose petals are meant to be kept in distilled water for about 15 minutes on low flame. This is suited for rose water recipes but has limited shelf life. The distilling method makes a hydrosol, it is more time-consuming but have more longer shelf time comparatively.
How to make Rose Water by Simmering Method
Ingredients: Organic Fresh Rose petals of 4-5 roses, Pan, Distilled water and a bottle or jar to store the rose water.
- Remove organic rose petals from the stems.
- Wash them under the luke-warm water to remove any leftover residue.
- Take a Saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring the organic rose petals and water to boil. The water to be used for boiling the rose petals should be of adequate amount means enough to seep them.
- Bring it to a boil on a medium-low heat only and keep it covered to let the fragrance stay inside it.
- Let the mixture on simmer for 20-30 minutes or may be until the petals have lost their color and becomes pale pink in color.
- Strain the mixture to separate the petals from water.
- Discard the petals and place the rose water in refrigerator.
- Place the Rose Water in a glass jar or spray bottle to store.
Don’t keep the flame too much high, it can destroy the beneficiary properties of roses.
How to make Rose Water by Distillation Method
Requirements: Dried rose petals, Water, Ice, Large stock pot, Clean brick, Metal bowl and a container for storage.
- Remove petals from your organically grown roses. Remove any stamen, if present.
- Place a clean brick down in the center of your large stock pot.
- Keep the metal bowl on top of the brick.
- Measure 2 cups of dried rose petals into the stock pot. You can use 3-5 cups if you are going for fresh petals. Gently press down the petals.
- Pour the water into the pot over petals until it comes almost to the top of brick.
- Cover the stock pot and invert the lid as it will allow the steam to collect.
- Keep ice on the top of lid, keep the petals in steam as much as possible because the steam is actually the rosewater.
- Bring water to a boil and reduce the flame to the lowest.
- Remove ice and simmer the flame for at least 30 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
- Keep your homemade organic rose water and keep it in a dark bottle.
- This will assure the rose water to be fresh upto 6 months in refrigerator.
How to make Rose Water Toner at home?
Combine ¼ cup witch hazel with ¼ cup of Rose water made at home in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture on your face and wipe it with a cotton ball. This mixture of Rose Water and Witch Hazel boosts the natural astringent properties that restores clarity and radiance after every single use. You can use this rose water toner as face toner and also store this for a good long time in refrigerator to make it cold and refreshing. The main active ingredient in witch hazel are tannin that have astringent properties to help and tighten the blood vessel and improve the skin tone.
How Long Does Fresh Rose Water Last?
It would be better to keep them in refrigerator where DIY Rose Water made at home can last for about 2 weeks or even a month. At room temperature, it might last for a week. Store it in a dark colored bottle to store it for even longer time.
Having extra Rose Water? No worries, use it in your bath or freeze it in ice cube tray for later use, amazing for sunburn remedy.
Soak some cotton pads in DIY rose water recipe we discussed above and use them for undereye circles that’s really refreshing and can even lighten the under eye area.
This homemade rose water can be used for cooking, basically for flavoring cakes and any other dishes too. Let us know about your views on How to make Rose Water at home 🙂
Sally is a beauty blogger that has all the required knowledge for Hair, Skincare and Fashion. She started her blogging journey right after the graduation in 2012. Loves to write the best of beauty tips across industry.