The right eye twitching superstition and spiritual meaning has multiple parts and explanations depending on which eye is affected and by what time. The right-hand eye is associated with attracting the evil eye in many different countries.
Even I wondered a lot when my eye twitches for the first time, it just made me very curious. You also will be shocked by knowing that left eye and right eye twitching has different meanings. Eye twitching is a normal process; it is temporary and fades away with eventually.Let’s get started.
Eye twitching is also known as eyelid twitching, usually the lower lid is affected but the upper right eyelid can also twitch. Every culture has different meaning like right eye twitching Indian superstition predicts good future. For Vedic Indian Astrology, the superstition of eye twitching can predict future also. Right eye blinking for female astrology meaning is not good.
Dark blue eyes: delicate and refined souls.
Light blue or grey eyes: strong and healthy ones.
Green eyes: hardy souls.
Hazel eyes: vigorous, deep-thinking folk.
Itching eyes: if the right eye tickles, it’s lucky, and vice versa.
Right Eye Twitching Superstition
- Right Eye Twitching Chinese Superstition
Chinese are known for their wide superstitions to be remembered. There are so many different things that can be predicted based on your eye twitches and the time it happened. From 11pm to 1am, it means you’ll get an invitation to a party. From 3am to 5am, right eye twitching means joy from an upcoming happy event.
From 7am to 9am, it means you need to be more cautious. If your right eye twitches between 1pm to 3pm it means you are about to experience something good in life. 9pm to 11pm means you may get into some legal trouble in the upcoming life. Be careful when the eye twitches happen and in what order it persists.
- Right Eye Twitching Spiritual Meaning In India
Most of the indian right eye superstitions are based on gender. Like, right eye indicates good sign and fortune. Your luck will turn into your favor if your right eye twitches before an important event. Almost all of the ancient civilizations agrees with Indian beliefs. Believe me, Indians take their superstitions very seriously.
The right eye twitching spiritual meaning for male means something auspicious and you may hear good news related to profession and good future. However, the case is completely opposite for right eye twitching spiritual meaning for female. They may face problems in professional life.
- Right Eye Twitching Hawaii
Hawaii culture has some meaningful beliefs and culture about eye twitching. If your left eye twitches continuously, it may represent death of some family members while right eye indicates the birth of new child born. Give attention to the differences for determination.
- Right Eye Twitching Africa
Africa has so many cultures and each one of them have different meanings. So, the Cameroonian believes that if the upper lid of the right eye twitches, it means you are meant to expect a visitor in the upcoming time. Nigerians think something good or happiness about the same. Africans interpret lower right eye jumping mean you are sobbing.
Right Eye Twitching Spiritual Meaning
- It could be because you have big goals and a lot to achieve in the upcoming life. There must be some big project you are working on. Rather than keeping your goals a secret, work passionately toward you goal and share it with the world. Either it’s about working someone else or starting a new business, remove your roadblocks and make your dream come true.
- Right eye twitching can also mean you are very intelligent and have a high IQ. Being intelligent does not always mean a higher degree. May be, new ideas and concepts come easily to you. Be confident about yourself and share ideas with trustworthy people. But, you need to be careful who you sharing your knowledge. Secretly, you have the power to change the world.
- Another fact for right eye twitching spiritual meaning is this is a sign that you have so much unused creativity in yourself. Take a look at your surroundings and it may help you to reveal your hidden talent. Express this creativity in your profession or start a side business to pursue your passion.
Right Eye Twitching Biblical Meaning
If your right eye jumps, it means soon you are going to hear good news. If your left eye jumps, you are going to hear bad news (Roberts 1927: 161). If your right eye jumps, someone is speaking well of you. If your left eye jumps, someone is saying bad things about you.* (If you think of the name of people you know, when you name the right person—who is speaking badly about you—your eye will stop jumping.) (Roberts 1927: 161).
“The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light.” (Matthew 6:22).
The biblical meaning of the evil eye is seen in both the old and new testaments (Matt 6:22-23 and Luke 11:33-36).
Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’”
Causes Of Right Eye Twitching
Yes, the superstitions exists but there are some Non-superstitious Eye Twitching Causes as well. Eye twitching is simply the result of involuntary and repetitive eyelid muscle contractions. The medical term for eye twitching is called myokymia. Although, its harmless but very irritating sometimes. Better to stay away from caffeinated drinks for a while. Some of the reasons of eye twitching are:
- Not getting enough sleep
- Having bad eyesight
- Focusing your eyes on one thing too long
- An eye infection
- An area with poor air quality
- Excessively drinking alcohol
- Excessively drinking caffeinated beverages
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Nerve damage
- Emotional imbalance
How to Reduce or Stop Eye Twitching?
The answer is the usual one – get enough sleep, as the main cause of eye twitching could be stress. Make sure to at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night. If you are someone who sits in front of computer or laptop screen for hours, then taking breaks may help. Or, rub both your hands and put them on your eyes for 2 minutes. Get proper diet and nutrition, your body may not get the required amount of nutrients. So, take a balanced diet. Stay away from polluted air as much as you can. You may need a pair of glasses.
When should you see a doctor about your eye twitches?
Though eyelid twitches are not a very serious concern but if they occur constantly you should see a doctor. Some of the symptoms are:
- Your eye is red, swollen, or has an unusual discharge
- Your upper eyelid is drooping
- Your eyelid completely closes each time your eyelids twitch
- Right eye twitching for weeks
- It starts begins affecting other parts of your face
- Right eye jerking for more than 3 days continuously
These symptoms should not be ignored and get immediate medical help.
The list of superstition for right eye twitching (jumping) is endless, different cultures have different interpretations. Does your left or right eye twitch? What do you think about it?
Now, it’s your turn to share your thoughts with us in the comment section. 🙂