Unlocking Shadowheart’s Liberation (Illithid’s Captive) in Baldur’s Gate 3
Discover the strategy to liberate Shadowheart in Baldur’s Gate 3 and gain the formidable Cleric as a valuable addition to your team. Encounter her early within the game’s prologue aboard the Nautiloid, initiating the “Rescue the Illithid Captive” side quest. With multiple opportunities to enlist her aid, Shadowheart’s entrapment in a pod is but a temporary setback.
Saving Shadowheart (Illithid’s Captive) in Baldur’s Gate 3
To secure Shadowheart’s freedom, follow these steps:
- Ascend to the Upper Chamber of the Nautiloid.
- Locate the pod nestled in the upper-left corner.
- Engage in conversation with Shadowheart.
- Retrieve the Elaborate Key.
- Acquire the Eldritch Rune.
- Employ the Eldritch Rune within the pod chamber.
- Opt for the Illithid Wisdom approach.
Upon your arrival aboard the Nautiloid, navigate to the upper chamber, marked by a cluster of pods at its core. As these pods release mind-controlled thralls requiring your attention, readiness in combat is essential. However, the pod containing Shadowheart is positioned in the upper-left corner. Initiate dialogue with her and then proceed as outlined below to effect her rescue.
Liberating Shadowheart from Her Confinement
- Progress to the northern sector of the chamber, where a hapless individual is susceptible to becoming a trapped Mindflayer. Positioned on the raised steps, a corpse holds the Elaborate Key.
- Return to the pod chamber and employ the Elaborate Key to unseal the chest. Retrieve the enclosed Eldritch Rune.
- Interact with the terminal adjacent to Shadowheart’s pod. Insert the Eldritch Rune and opt for the Illithid Wisdom course.
By executing the aforementioned steps accurately, you shall successfully liberate Shadowheart in Baldur’s Gate 3, culminating in the achievement of the “Rescue the Illithid Captive” quest. In her capacity as a Trickster Domain Cleric, she bestows invaluable enhancements to your party, particularly pivotal when confronted with Commander Zhalk and the Mindflayer.
Enlisting Shadowheart Post-Prologue
Shadowheart can be enlisted in the following locales after the prologue:
- Along the shoreline.
- Adjacent to the Abandoned Ruins.
- Within the vicinity of Druid Grove.
Following the crash of the Nautiloid, your sojourn commences on the beach. Depending on your actions, specific sites become accessible for her recruitment. My preference is consistently to rescue her, which results in finding her a mere few paces from where my character regains consciousness along the shoreline.
Moreover, your assistance rendered on the Nautiloid bestows approval points, a testament to your compassionate aid. Instances in which I did not rescue her led to discovering her short distance to the north, stationed before an expansive doorway granting entry to the Abandoned Ruins. The image beneath illustrates the Cleric’s endeavor to open said door.
Should her presence elude your search in the aforementioned spots, venture forth to Druid Grove. Amidst refugees and Druids, she awaits your arrival.
Such is the methodology to liberate Shadowheart (Illithid’s Captive) in Baldur’s Gate 3. The Cleric class, a superlative choice within the game, solidifies her position as a cornerstone within your party. For additional guidance and strategies, peruse our comprehensive assortment of BG3 guides in our dedicated hub.
Become part of our community and delve deeper into the wonders of Baldur’s Gate 3. Adventure awaits – join us today!
For further guidance and insight into Baldur’s Gate 3, explore the following links:
- Defeating Commander Zhalk in Baldur’s Gate 3
- [Leveling Guide] How to level up fast in Baldur’s Gate 3
- All playable Baldur’s Gate 3 Races
- How to Get the Owlbear Cub in Baldur’s Gate 3
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Barbarian Berserker Build
- Best Baldur’s Gate 3 Cleric Build