To host your own private dedicated server for The Front, you will need to:
- Purchase a server. You can purchase a server from a variety of providers, such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure.
- Install the SteamCMD application on your server. SteamCMD is a command-line tool that can be used to install and manage Steam games and servers.
- Download the The Front dedicated server files using SteamCMD. To do this, open SteamCMD and type the following command:
steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir <server_installation_directory> +app_update 1719590 validate +quit
<server_installation_directory> with the directory where you want to install the The Front dedicated server files.
- Configure the The Front dedicated server. To do this, open the
TheFrontServer.exefile in a text editor and modify the settings to your liking.
- Start the The Front dedicated server. To do this, double-click on the
Once the The Front dedicated server is running, you can connect to it using the The Front client. To do this, open the The Front client and click on the “Servers” tab. Select your server from the list of servers and click on the “Connect” button.
Here are some additional tips for hosting a private dedicated server for The Front:
- Make sure that your server has enough resources to run the The Front dedicated server. The recommended minimum requirements are:
- CPU: 4 cores
- RAM: 8 GB
- Disk space: 20 GB
- Make sure that your server is connected to the internet. The The Front dedicated server needs to be able to communicate with other players in order to function properly.
- Make sure that your server’s firewall is configured to allow connections to the The Front dedicated server. The default port for the The Front dedicated server is 7777.
- Consider using a VPN to connect to your server. This will help to protect your privacy and security.