Redmi Note 8 Pro Review Specification
|Model Name:||Redmi Note 8 Pro|
|Dimension:||161.3 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm|
|SIM:||Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Color:||Black, Red, Blue, White|
|3.5 mm Jack:||Yes|
|Display:||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Screen Size:||6.53 inches|
|Resolution:||1080 x 2340 pixels, (395 ppi density)|
|Protection:||Corning Gorilla Glass 5|
|OS:||Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10|
|Chipset:||Mediatek Helio G90T|
|CPU:||Octa-core (2.0 GHz Cortex-A76)|
|Memory:||128 GB, 6/8 GB RAM|
|Card Slot:||microSD card up to 256 GB|
|Main Camera:||Quad – 64 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/1.7″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm (dedicated macro camera)
2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm, depth sensor
|Main Camera Features:||Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama|
|Video:||[email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60fps|
|Front Camera:||20 MP|
|Front Camera Features:||HDR|
|WLAN:||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth:||5.0 A2DP, LE|
|USB:||2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector|
|Finger print sensor:||Yes (rear mounted)|
Battery and Features
|Battery:||Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery|
|Fast Charging:||Yes, 18W (Quick charge 4+)|
Detailed Features For Redmi Note 8 Pro:
Redmi Note 8 Pro comes in different colors, Black, Red, Blue, and White. The display type is IPS and the size is 6.53 inches full HD screen which gives a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. Read to know my experience and Redmi Note 8 pro review.
The pixel density is 395 PPI (pixels per inch) and the display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The smartphone is equipped with Mediatek Helio G90T (12nm) chipset and Octa-core (2x Cortex-A76 & 6x Cortex-A55) processor.
The dimensions of the Redmi Note 8 Pro are 161.30mm x 76.40mm x 8.80mm (H x W x D) and it weighs about 200 grams. The phone has been launched in Mineral Grey, Pearl White, and Forest Green colours.
This Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone comes with a 6.53 inch touchscreen display with 1080×2340 pixel resolution. The aspect ratio is 19:5:9 with octa-core MediaTek Helio G90T processor and 6GB of RAM.
Redmi Note 8 Pro supports fast charging as it is backed by a 4,500mAh non-removable battery. It comes up with fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor and gyroscope. Has 64GB of inbuilt storage and it can be expanded with microSD card up to 256GB.
This phone was launched on 29th August, 2019 and the most attractive thing for me is its battery part. It runs for a really long time that is a good point for me who travels a lot.
For the camera part, the Redmi Note 8 Pro on the rear has a 64-megapixel primary camera; a second an 8-megapixel camera; a third 2-megapixel camera and a fourth 2-megapixel camera. The rear camera setup has autofocus. It sports a 20-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
The great gaming MediaTek chipset, camera, storage is another interesting part of this phone.
Redmi note 9 pro supports nano-sim and is dual sim (GSM).
Complete Redmi Note 8 Pro Review:
Somehow, I got the chance to use this amazing phone, so, I am writing the honest redmi note 8 pro review. It has a more premium design compared to the other ones. Batter is bigger but the phone is not bulky at all.
It has a fingerprint sensor that is placed right below the camera and for me, this is not a good idea’ quite confusing. At this price, it offers IP52 rating for dustproof and water resistance that is just great.
Screen is 6.53 which is quite bigger for my hands and thus makes using this phone single handed challenging. It has a glass body with 3D quad curved design and the camera is just amazing. Read to know why?
The camera app has a dedicated 64MP mode as well, and in regular auto mode, it shoots at 16MP resolution. But 64MP camera shots also mean they are heavier in size. The resolution is 9248×6936 for photos shot usually. The color representation is really good in the night mode as well. Gives great detailing. Optimal lighting is required for slow mo.
Pros of Redmi Note 8 Pro:
- 6.53-inch screen with water drop Display but bit big for my hands.
- It has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection that gives more damage resistance and touch sensitivity. Ensures optical clarity that is a perfect combination of protection and performance.
- Powerful MediaTek Helio G90T octa-core processor clocked at 2.05GH
- Android Pie 9 as its OS
- Mali-G76 MP4 as its GPU
- 3 variants of RAM and ROM 6GB RAM + 64GB, 6GB RAM + 128GB, and 8GB RAM + 128GB storage
- 64 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP quad primary cameras with LED flash, it means a very good phone with camera quality at reasonable prices. This phone has rear auto focus and flash that is great for me (selfie-addict).
- 20MP selfie camera is perfect for selfies.
- Redmi Note 8 Pro is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio G90T processor. Runs on Android 9 Pie and 4,500mAh non-removable battery. I am one of those people who used to be outside for a very long time like for 15-16 hours and may be more. This phone lasts for a long time and I just loved this feature.
- MediaTek HyperEngine Gaming support (as present in MediaTek Helio G90T chipset). Whenever I’m travelling or supposed to be at home, loved to play games. Happy to get my hands on this phone as it really lasts for more than 2 days.
- In-display Fingerprint sensor and Face Unlock helps me a lot in protecting phone my kids.
If you are someone who love to play games for longer time, then check our gaming chair on floor review. Surely you won’r regret.
Cons of Redmi Note 8 Pro:
- It faces a lot of heat while gaming.
- Hybrid Sim card slot for Sim card and Memory card.
- Gives 4G support, may be an issue for future (5G).
So, even if you are a gaming person or obsessed with taking selfies then Redmi Note 8 Pro is for you. Good camera, lasts for 2 days and seems pretty decent and comfortable to carry.
This is all I feel about Redmi note 8 pro phone. Look at the pros and cons of this phone to finalize. The product you get can be slightly different so check the retailer first. Hope you liked my review for redmi note 8 pro, let me know in the comment section below.