If you do not know How to trim Yorkie face and do not want to take it to a dog groomer, look no further because in Expert Animal we will explain everything you will need to know about this topic.
Apart from having a hypoallergenic coat, the hair of the Yorkshire terrier grows very fast and is very easy to care for, so you can choose from a lot of hairstyles and cuts to make your pet.
Find out about the utensils you need, what you should keep in mind before doing so and how to cut a Yorkie hair without the need to go to a specialized hairdresser, without leaving home and without spending money.
Of course, if you do not use it from a young age or your dog is very reluctant, in the end, you will have no choice but to leave it in the hands of a professional.
It is a miniature or small dog with long hair, black or brown eyes, bright and round with a very intelligent expression.
The edge of the eyelids is dark pointed ears. Small nose with a black nose or truffle. The tail is usually cut to medium length, but it is prohibited in some countries such as Spain.
How to Trim Yorkie Face?
If you want to reduce your Yorkshire hair comfortably, we recommend that you put a few towels that you do not use much on a table and place your dog on top so that you reach all areas well.
Pet it to reassure it and do not make any sudden movements so that the animal does not get nervous or try to escape.
If you have decided to launch yourself to it, after having valued what we discussed earlier, congratulations!
Here’s How to trim Yorkie face step by step at home. Do not lose detail and get to work!
How to Cut a Yorkie’s Face Hair at Home?
- First, it is advisable to start cutting the hair of the spine/back with scissors to reduce it and then with the electric razor to match it. Although Yorkshire hair is straight, use a little water spray and a brush to straighten it even more and easily see what you have to cut.
- Continue on the hind legs and cut your pet’s hair carefully and always keeping the scissors with the tips up so as not to cut it if it moves too much accidentally.
- Then he continues to cut the Yorkshire hair by the neck, chest, belly, face and front legs. You can use for both the scissors and the razor to lower and match it, whatever you find most comfortable, but yes, you better use the electric shaver for the pads of the legs and the belly area, so you make sure that you will not hurt it by mistake.
- And finally, we reach the most delicate parts of your pet. To cut the hair of the ears of a Yorkshire, inside and out, it is best to do it carefully with a pair of scissors to avoid accidentally puncturing your pet.
- And to cut the hair of the eyes, face and head the same, very carefully. But it all will be on the style you want it to have.
Once you have finished cutting the face hair of your Yorkshire, as we have mentioned before it recommend.
That you bathe it to trim the remains of hairs from face that have left and applied shampoo and conditioner to make it an even more beautiful coat.
If you want the hair to dry quickly, use a hairdryer with medium temperature and power, and a brush to brush your Yorkshire hair and make it much more defined.
You can present the tools while you reward him with snacks for dogs, make previous baths to get used to the manipulation or let him, from time to time, listen to the noise of the razor while you caress him.
You will have to do some sessions until you make sure that your dog does not show fear or reactivity towards manipulation, tools or the situation in general.
For trim Yorkie face, we recommend you to buy carpet that does not attracts
My name is Henry and i just love to share reliable information about Health, Beauty, Games etc. I am writing informational content and guides since 2014.